Sunday, June 04, 2006

It's goin' rain

I got caught in the first really good thunderstorm of the summer while walking home last night. I had 4 blocks to go, when the skies opened up and the rain came sheeting down. I was soaked to the bone in 30 seconds, but, while the sidewalks rolled up and people ran for cover (sidenote: ladies, that Gristedes bag on your head isn't doing you any favors, hair-wise or other), I slowed down, and took it all in. The water was warm and I was wearing shorts and flipflops, going out of my way to step in all the puddles.

When I got home, I was dripping wet. I left my wet clothes in a pile in the kitchen and immediately got into the shower. While it had the nice-smelling soap, it wasn't nearly as good as the rain.

For me, summer is like Hannukah, Christmas, Halloween, my birthday and the last day of school, all rolled into one.

No comments: