Friday, April 20, 2007

Garden Stating

Thanks to jetlag, I'm wide away at 7:30am on Friday morning. I don't have anywhere to be until noon, but this actually works out well, because I was able to minimize the time between sleeping and getting some sweet, sweet Dunkin' Donuts. Bagels are for crap in Southern California, and the only reason I had to wait so long between getting off the plane and swathing myself in carb-y goodness was the lack of sleep. Our 9pm flight turned into an 11pm takeoff, with an unscheduled layover in Las Vegas, making our landing at 7:15am the 24-hours-awake mark. It took another two hours in transit get from JFK to WO, but thanks to the tri-state area's BIG, EASY, INEXPENSIVE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION (are you listening, SoCal?), by the time we got home, showered and into jammies, it was 10am. Ouch. After all that, I felt no guilt at sleeping the day away.

(omg this bagel is awesome.)

Today's plan is to get a dress for the s'wedding and get my fill of all the goodies NJ has to offer. Tomorrow I'll hit up NYC, and the idea of visiting the city, rather than going home to 89th Street is a little odd. After a baby shower in Queens, we're going to cram ourselves full of Mexican food down at NYU, possibly followed by shakes. Sunday is visiting the other end of the family, capped off by Starlight.

(omg pizza. SoCal pizza sucks.)

Monday is acupuncture with Dr. Cupcake, followed by odds and ends, and then...sniff...back to the airport. Pleh. Fortunately, both she and Peckle* are scheduled for west coast appearances in the coming weeks. That'll be good, but I wish my time out here wasn't so limited. The tri-state is small, but mighty and there's just not enough time to get in all the good stuff. Oh, New Jersey, how I've missed thee.

(*omg maybe they'll bring me bagels and pizza.)

1 comment:

Sitcomgirl said...

OMGZ LOLZ.
You know what SoCal has the most awesome of? MEXICAN! Because they have actual Mexican people that cook there. Oh burritos, enchiladas, huevos rancheros how I miss thee.