Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Never enough

I found out today that some people I knew in my formal life as someone with a job have moved on from Company A to Company B. Company has been looking for employees for some time, but clearly, not me, because I've never gotten so much as an auto-respond from my resume. Of course.

I like this particular bunch of people and good for them for leaving our old cube farm before they caught what I got, but a growing part of me is sad. And jealous. And annoyed. And upset. They had perfectly good jobs, ones someone once sacrificed several others so they could keep them and they go and get more? I don't want to call it greedy, because we all have rent to pay, but...what about me? When is it my turn? When will there be enough for me? When will I get to stop hearing about everyone else's good fortune and finally have some of my own?

No comments: